Re: HTML & CSS

Subject: Re: HTML & CSS
From: Jason Wynia <jwynia -at- AGRIS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 09:06:19 -0600

> We're not using it on the RayComm site because of the spotty
> and erratic implementation across _ALL_ browsers that
> claim to support it, let alone the backwards compatibility
> issues of supporting non-CSS browsers. We've written
> books that cover it fairly extensively (and are actually revisiting
> the subject right now), but thanks to non-support from Netscape and
> Microsoft, we'll not be implementing it wholesale any time soon.

There are a few links that indicate that the new Netscape/Mozilla will
support it properly. I don't know if it is just hot air, just thought I'd
post the press releases etc. since they're relevant to CSS et al.

http://www.idg.co.nz/nzweb/bf4e.html
http://www.mozillazine.org/
http://developer.netscape.com/software/communicator/ngl/index.html

They're all related to the new rendering engine for Netscape/Mozilla. Since
this is being developed as entirely opensource, it has a higher likelyhood
of complying with the W3C's standards.

Anyway, just thought I'd pass along the info.

J Wynia

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=