Screen capture (unique?)

Subject: Screen capture (unique?)
From: Jeanie Fogwell <JFOGWELL -at- CJDS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 11:53:41 -0700

This is cross posted, please forgive if you received it from more than one
list.

I need (if I can) to capture the screens from one monitor to a completely
different monitor/computer.

The process I'm capturing is the set up for a brand new, completely empty
server. The setup software displays screens to pick options or enter
specific data to create the operating system for the server.

Because the server doesn't have an operating system yet, I cannot install
(guessing here) any screen capturing software on it to save the screens as
the server is set up.

I wondered if anyone has any experience in capturing screens from one
computer monitor to another computer? If so, what software, capturing
method did you use?

In my head, I see a split cable connecting both monitors so the screens can
be captured on the one monitor from the other.

Hope this makes sense. Thanks for any ideas from anyone.

Jeanie Fogwell
Documentation Analyst
Columbine JDS
Denver, Colorado