Re: Terminology - dialogs with tabs

Subject: Re: Terminology - dialogs with tabs
From: Renee Krull <RKrull -at- UNLIMITEDSOLUTIONS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 13:44:27 -0500

I work for a software development company, and many of our products have
the standard Windows interface. The way we typically handle this
situation is to call the "active tab" a folder. In other words, you
could say to select the General tab of the Options dialog box to view
the General folder. This isn't necessarily industry standard, but it has
worked for us.

Renee Krull
rkrull -at- unlimitedsolutions -dot- com

>-----Original Message-----
>From: -Melanie Albrecht- [SMTP:Melanie_Albrecht -at- MOLDFLOW -dot- COM]
>Sent: Tuesday, December 08, 1998 7:18 PM
>Subject: Terminology - dialogs with tabs
>I am writing online help for software which has dialog boxes with tabs
>does the Options dialog in Word). I am having trouble thinking of a
>way to say that a particular tab is selected? active? Any ideas? The
>Microsoft Manual of Style has nothing to say on the topic.
>Melanie Albrecht
>melanie_albrecht -at- moldflow -dot- com
>Check out topic summaries at

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

Previous by Author: Follow-up question to Documentation on CD-ROM
Next by Author: Re: PC => MAC
Previous by Thread: Re: Terminology - dialogs with tabs
Next by Thread: Re: Terminology - dialogs with tabs

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads

Sponsored Ads