Re: Terminology - dialogs with tabs

Subject: Re: Terminology - dialogs with tabs
From: John David Hickey <jdavid -at- FARABI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 10:48:08 -0500

> >I am writing online help for software which has dialog boxes
> with tabs (as does the Options dialog in Word).

I would say "Click the _____ tab." , "The _____ tab is now active".

I could also go with "Select", but not the "is now selected". Passive voice:
Be seeing you,

John David Hickey (jdavid -at- farabi -dot- com)
DNRC Title: "Technical Writing Poohbah"

Lone Writer at Farabi Technology Corp. (Montreal, Quebec)

They say the pen is mighter than the sword.
But if you miss a deadline, you'd better bring the sword.
Do not confuse my opinons with my employer's.
Each exists in blissful ignorance of the other.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=