FW: style guides

Subject: FW: style guides
From: "Folena, Shannon" <SFolena -at- CKSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 08:20:20 -0800

Hi Sarah and List:

I recommend that you research and choose a published style guide, such
as "The Microsoft Manual of Style" and then work on creating style
standards specific to your company. For instance, if you work for a
health care company, do you want all your literature to use "health
care" or "healthcare"?

My rationale is that when I am new to a company, I don't want to read
"tips for writers" or "grammar" sections in an in-house style guide. I
have those books at home. What I need to know is company-specific
information.

Best regards and good luck,
Shannon

Shannon Folena
Technical Writer
C&K Systems, Folsom, CA 95630
SFolena -at- CKSys -dot- com

...I have been tasked with devising a style guide for a few departments
in my
> company. I have seen style guides, in fact I use a couple on a regular
> basis. But I am really at a loss for how to start writing a
> company-specific
> one.
>
> Any ideas/words of wisdom would be much appreciated!

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=