Re: Where to Find Icons?

Subject: Re: Where to Find Icons?
From: Mary McWilliams Johnson <mary -at- SUPERCONNECT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 21:59:48 -0600

You'll find lots of clip art collections listed on my Web site:
Mary's Tips on Designing Web Sites
http://www.superconnect.com/marystips/

Click on the GRAPHICS menu item. Scroll down to the section "Using clip art
and 'borrowed art' " You'll find a link to a large listing of clipart
collections.

If you want the results to look professional, you will want to make sure
that all the graphics you use have the same "look and feel." In other
words, it shouldn't look like a random collection of clip art!

You didn't say this was for a Web site, so I'm assuming you need graphics
for both print and online use. You'll find a link to "ArtToday," which
offers a vast collection of graphics of all types and on all subjects. The
main advabtage if this collection is that they offer graphics in many
formats so that you could use the same graphic online and in print.

Cordially, Mary McWilliams Johnson
McJohnson Communications
Documentation / Web Site Design, Development and Graphics
www.superconnect.com
------------------------------º><º------------------------------
"The biggest mistake people make in life is not trying to make a living
at doing what they most enjoy." ~ Malcomb S. Forbes
------------------------------º><º------------------------------

At 06:38 PM 12/10/98 -0800, Matt Ion wrote:
>On Thu, 10 Dec 1998 15:40:59 -0500, Kelly, Shannon wrote:
>
>>I have been asked to either find or create meaningful icons for a financial
>>software package. I am not a graphic artist with no experience using
>>paint/draw-type software. Does anyone know of sites on the Web, books, any
>>other suggestion?
>
>www.desktopPublishing.com is a good place to start...
>

> Your friend and mine,
> Matt
> <All standard disclaimers apply>
> "Reality is in alpha test on protoype hardware."
>
> "If Houses were constructed the way Programs are written,
> the first Woodpecker to come along would utterly destroy
> Civilization as we know it."
> - author unknown

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000