PC vs Mac

Subject: PC vs Mac
From: Emily Davidson <emilyfisher -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 06:21:50 +1100

Note: Please respond to this OFFLINE and I will post a summary. I am
afraid of being beaten if I create a large influx of listserv messages
after seeing the displeasure expressed by many at the "degrees"
incident.

I am just graduating from college and I want to invest in a new
computer. I want to be able to learn things like Framemaker, Quark,
and Robohelp on my own. My brother-in-law says everyone in the
professional world uses Mac, so I should get a Mac and learn the Mac
versions. I don't like Macs much (yes I have used them), and have no
particular desire to own one. But if he's right and I really need to
know Mac versions of software, then I'll get one and learn to like it.

So my question to all professionals out there is, what is used in the
professional world, PC or Mac?

Thanks.

Emily Davidson
emilyfisher -at- yahoo -dot- com