Re: E-Commerce

Subject: Re: E-Commerce
From: Mark Magennis <markmagennis -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 01:57:05 -0800

---vinayak doddihal <doddihal -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM> wrote:

> I work for a telecommunications service providing company as a senior
> technical writer. My company wants to start a new service e-commerce
for
> which we are supposed to make a presentation covering what is it, the
> scope, its scenario in US and European market, related security
aspects,
> etc. We are totally blank about the same. Could anyone has information
> on this? I tried to get info from net but could not succeed.

E-Commerce is a very general term. It is used to describe what happens
when commerce meets electronic communication. For example, home
banking via the Internet; share trading using linked networks of
computers, selling CDs and books over the World Wide Web, providing
insurance and other financial products via remote offices and
resellers using an Intranet or Extranet. Basically, anything that
involves commercial services and wires! Most of this is now becoming a
reality because of the Internet.

Unfortunately I can't refer you to any particular overview source but
I would think that a good place to start would be business magazines.

Mark

==

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=