Re: PDF v paper

Subject: Re: PDF v paper
From: Michelle Vina-Baltsas <Michelle_Vina-Baltsas -at- US -dot- CRAWCO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 08:45:58 -0500

Although I would prefer to go totally PDF, it goes against our goal to
"service" our clients. Most of our clients would find it a nuisance to
have to print their own manuals. For my next project I plan to give our
clients a professionally printed document and a PDF file for viewing
online, if that's what they prefer. The other issue is that many users are
not comfortable viewing online, they still prefer to have something

That's all I have to say about that...

Happy holiday,

David Thompson <David -dot- Thompson -at- REALIZ -dot- COM> on 12/16/98 06:58:22 AM

Please respond to David Thompson <David -dot- Thompson -at- REALIZ -dot- COM>

cc: (bcc: Michelle Vina-Baltsas/CRAWFORDCO/US)
Subject: PDF v paper

Why is there a need for paper doc. to be shipped with a software product?
For example: I write the doc. in Word, I convert it to PDF and put it on a
CD. The final user can then view the doc. or print the doc. if need be.
Production costs are reduced. No printing and lighter packages to ship.
Am I over simplifying the situation?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=