Re: PDF v paper

Subject: Re: PDF v paper
From: Scott Miller <smiller -at- PORTAL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 12:47:12 -0800

Having written nothing but online docs for several years, it seems strange
to say that printed docs are, overall, better than online docs. It all
depends on what you're documenting, of course. I have a really nice online
plumbing guide, with animations showing how all the little gaskets and
levers work, which is really cool. And context-sensitivity is a big plus.
Still, for your average software or hardware manual, books are much easier
to use, if you have a good index.

- Scott M
smiller -at- portal -dot- com
---------

> > On-line documentation is a far superior format. No one can argue that
> > full-colour graphics, audible instructions and animated screen-shots
> aren't
> > superior to a black and white text.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=