Putting in a good word for PDF

Subject: Putting in a good word for PDF
From: Beth Kane <Beth -dot- Kane -at- VENTANA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 15:51:02 -0700

I just want to point out that there's a major bonus in receiving a
manual in PDF: you get to electronically search the whole doc. You don't
need to depend on someone's indexing ability to find something.

Because of this, I think all manuals should be provided in PDF even when
they're also provided in print. Give the users both!

Once people have located the section they want, they can print a small
page range that covers the subject. Rarely would they really need to
print the whole book.
I point this out in my instructions on using the PDF.

Beth Kane
kane -at- ventana -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=