PC

Subject: PC
From: Robert Maxey <Bob_Maxey -at- MTN -dot- 3COM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 12:59:43 -0700

>>In my case, our internist licensing exams must reference racial
designations without offending the >>reader... it's not always easy to keep
pace with what the current "PC" term is.

(Please, no flames) We have the United Negro College Fund, The National
Association for the Advancement of Colored People, The Black Panthers...
all terms to describe African Americans, which actually are Americans and
have never been to Africa, but that is another flame war altogether. Why is
it then, that you can't use the words Black, or Colored or Negro without
getting hammered? The problem with the PC movent is it is unreasonable and
ridiculous People of Color will yell at me for calling then Negro, but they
will support the organization that uses the word in their title, and think
this is fine.

So I ignore the PC Movement completely. Fortunately, I can't offend those I
write for, but I do think it will happen.

Bob Maxey

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=