Re: PC

Subject: Re: PC
From: "Townsend,Emru" <etownsend -at- POSITRON -dot- QC -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 10:02:13 -0500

I'm sorry, I can't let this stand.

The terms "Negro", "colored people", "black", and "African American" are all
products of their times. The organizations haven't changed their names,
because their name is a link to when and why they were created. This
happened long before there was a "PC movement". You do us an enormous
amount of disrespect if you think we come up with terms out of some hidden
PC agenda or think we're so stupid as to not recognize the reasons and
histories of the terms.

Wrap your head around that, if you like. It's my last word on the subject
in this forum.

Emru Townsend
Technical Communication Warrior - Product Integration
Positron Public Safety Systems Inc.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
e-mail: etownsend -at- positron -dot- qc -dot- ca
My words are my own. Confuse them with my employer's at your own risk.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=