Brief survey for Scroll article

Subject: Brief survey for Scroll article
From: Walter Crockett <BrufusD -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 10:12:14 EST

I am posting this for the second and last time, because the first posting,
just before Christmas, prompted a strong flurry of responses that died off
after one day. I figure some of you had more important things to do than read
list mail at Christmastime.

Dear Listmembers,
I'm a student in the Software Technical Writing Program at Middlesex
Community College in Massachusetts. For an article for our newsletter, the
Scroll, I'd be interested in your answers to the following questions.
I'm looking for fairly brief answers, sent directly to me at BrufusD -at- aol -dot- com,
not to the list. I will summarize them for the list. Thanks for your
consideration.

1. Which two or three tools have you found most valuable in your technical
writing career (eg. FrameMaker, RoboHelp, command of grammar, diplomacy).
2. What do you most want, or need, to learn next?
3. What has been your biggest frustration in the field?
4. What keeps you at it?
5. Do your career plans involve a move away from or beyond technical writing?
If so, to what field?
6. What brief advice would you offer entry-level technical writers?

Yours,

Walter Crockett

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=