Re: Page numbering in the TOC

Subject: Re: Page numbering in the TOC
From: Jeroen Hendrix <jhe -at- POLYDOC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 10:44:36 +0100

Sylvia,

Select from the menu Insert the option Index and Tables, Select the tab
Table of contents. This contains a checkbox called ....
Show page numbers. Deselect this to remove the page numbers from the TOC.
It's as simple as that.

But to satisfy my curiosity: why would you do this? What good is a TOC
without page numbers? What has the reader to gain from a long list of
chapter titles with no reference to their location?

Gr.
Jeroen Hendrix
PolyDoc
The Netherlands

Mail to jhe -at- polydoc -dot- com
Web www.polydoc.com

Sylvia Braunstein <sbraun -at- RUGGED -dot- COM> on 30-12-98 09:56:44 AM

Please respond to Sylvia Braunstein <sbraun -at- RUGGED -dot- COM>

To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
cc: (bcc: Jeroen Hendrix)
Subject: Page numbering in the TOC

(Using Word 97)

My problem was not to get rid of the page number on the page itseIf. My
problem is that when you update the TOC, you still have a page number
showing next to the heading.
How do I get rid of that page number (not manually). I want the heading
to be
displayed. I don't want the page number to be displayed. Even though
there is no number on the page, it still shows up in the TOC.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks

Sylvia

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=