Printable Web Manuals

Subject: Printable Web Manuals
From: Alexander Von_obert <avobert -at- TWH -dot- NBG -dot- DE>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 12:31:00 +0100

Hello Susan,

* Antwort auf eine Nachricht von susan_healey -at- BC -dot- SYMPATICO -dot- CA an All am 21.12.9

ss> My client currently produces 4 separate, but similar, procedure
ss> manuals for
ss> 4 user groups. The material requires constant individualized
ss> updates. This
ss> is both costly and inefficient.

you need an appropriate cross-media publishing tool. I know that tasks like
yours get quite straight-forward with a tool calles Schematext
(http://www.schema.de). But be prepared to invest in the US-$ 5,000 to 10,000
range before you can work this way.

Sorry, I know no comparable product, if there should be one: You create
electronic documents according to object-oriented principles. Every node type
("class") and every link type get specific properties and these properties can
be defined independently for every output format. E.g., you can define how the
hot word of a link is to be designed. And you can define which link types are
to be used for linearization of your hypertext web. The "Productions" feature
even allows to define different subsets of or specific rules for your
electronic document.

Greetings from Germany,
Alexander

--
Alexander von Obert, Urbanstr. 2, 90480 Nuernberg, Germany
Free-lance technical writer (electronics, software)

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=