Re: Convert PDF files to something WORD readable?

Subject: Re: Convert PDF files to something WORD readable?
From: Dan Lewis <danlew -at- DELPHI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 09:34:52 -0500

I'm a bit mistified. All respondents to this question have indicated that
PDF files do not encode text, suggesting the need for using OCR for
instance. I have just tested several PDF files that I have received from
different sources and using the text selection tool in Acrobat Reader 3.0 I
was able to copy text to the clipboard and paste it into Word. In most
cases the text came in with an unrecognized font and had to be highlighted
in word and a legitimate font had to be applied.

Of course the problem of the hard returns remains, requiring some
reformatting work (some of which can be automated) but the fact remains
that PDF does appear to correctly encode text.

What am I missing here?

-Dan Lewis
Vitel Software, Worcester, MA

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=