Internship

Subject: Internship
From: Andreas Baumert <abaumert -at- TR -dot- FH-HANNOVER -dot- DE>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 14:52:22 +0100

Forwarded on request.
Please respond to the student:
E-Mail:sandra -dot- kolmer -at- tr -dot- fh-hannover -dot- de

Dear Madam or Sir:

Having finished two and a half years of studies in Technical
Communication at the Fachhochschule Hannover, Germany, I wish to
supplement my studies with an internship at a company in the United
States.

Mr. Andreas Baumert, Professor for writing and acquisition of
information at the Fachhochschule Hannover, was so kind to forward this
letter to you.
Can you probably help me in my search of a suitable job as an intern in
one way or another?

Since my major is technical communication, I would prefer to work in
that particular field. In order to fulfill the requirements for my
degree, the internship should last four to six months, beginning next
August. I am, however, flexible as to the exact dates and length of
internship. I will not receive any grants or financial support from my
University. Therefore, any compensation for my work at the respective
company or assistance in finding inexpensive accommodation would help
cover my basic living expenses.

In addition to my studies, I have taken courses in English. I already
used to live and work in the United States for a year as well. I am
confident that my knowledge of English will be adequate for working in
an American company.

I will be sponsored by the Internship USA program of the Council on
International Educational Exchange based in New York. Through this
program I will receive a J-1 cultural exchange visa, which entitles me
to work legally in the U.S. as a student intern. Also, I will have my
own health and accident insurance.

Thank you for your consideration, I am looking forward to your reply.

Sincerely yours,

Sandra Kolmer

Dr. Andreas Baumert
Professor for writing and acquisition of information
Fachhochschule Hannover (University of Applied Sciences)
Degree Course Technical Writing and Communication
Ricklinger Stadtweg 120
30459 Hannover (Germany)
Tel.: ++49 511 92 96 758
Fax: ++49 511 92 96 610
E-Mail:andreas -dot- baumert -at- ik -dot- fh-hannover -dot- de
http://www.ik.fh-hannover.de/tr/menschen/baumert/baumert.htm

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=