Re: Web user interface style guide?

Subject: Re: Web user interface style guide?
From: Marni Barilone <mbarilone -at- PRIORITYCALL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 08:48:38 -0500

Okay, at my last job I wrote User Docs for software that ran on browsers
over an intranet. I had no Style Guide and I don't know of one. I
generally used Internet Explorer terminology and naming conventions. I
sometimes used IE "Help" tools and the IE interface to know what to certain
components. (I used IE because it was a military subcontractor and they
required all users to have IE.)

As an aside, if you have any input into the interface design, have a look at
"Web Site Usability: A Designer's Guide." It's put out by User Interface
Engineering (www.uei.com). They are one of the first companies (if not THE
first) to do actual Usability testing on web sites. They have some
interesting findings. (Standard Disclaimer: I do not work for them. I do
not get commissions from them. I just appreciate their work.)

If you need any assistance, just ask.

Marni Barilone
Sr. Technical Writer
Priority Call Management