Re: images

Subject: Re: images
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- SOUNDY -dot- ML -dot- ORG>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 07:38:44 -0800

On Thu, 7 Jan 1999 09:20:01 -0600, Timothy Notzon wrote:

>What is the most effective method of creating/capturing images for
>documentation in terms of high quality resolution and smallest amount of
>disk space occupied? I've experimented with differernt bitmap and tif
>screen capture versions but would like to know if more efficient
>alternatives exist, or alternatively, what the best of these is.

Try using JPEGs (*.JPG). It's a lossy compression, but the level of
compression (and thus the quality) is adjustable. At 75% quality, BMPs
and TIFs can typically be cut down anywhere from 1/10th to 1/100th the
file size.

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<All standard disclaimers apply>
"Reality is in alpha test on protoype hardware."

Maybe today, maybe tomorrow
That's not the question for me
No matter what cost, I'm gonna follow
The keeper of all eternity