Re: images

Subject: Re: images
From: Lief Erickson <lerickso -at- MQSOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 09:45:40 -0600

Tim,

This issue is well documented in the archives. I've had trouble getting
into them. Before your question can be answered we would need more
information.

Is your images for print (at a commercial printer not desktop) or online?

The archives will point you to a couple of screen capture programs. It
seems that this list prefers Paint Shop Pro (www.jasc.com) or SnagIt
(www.techsmith.com). I use SnagIt and am very pleased with its performance.
I use GIF for any online and CD-ROM images and TIF for any commercial
printers.

Commercial printers require either TIF or EPS file formats. Image file size
for commercial printers should not be an issue, but certainly for any
online purposes it would be. Therefore GIF (or JPEG) is a better option.

Hope this helps. Check the archives for more information.

-Lief Erickson
lerickson -at- mqsoftware -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=