"inverse" text in Word doc files -- request for help

Subject: "inverse" text in Word doc files -- request for help
From: Julie Selman <jselman -at- TEGIC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 11:38:53 -0800

In our Word docs, we need single words in "inverse" video.

Scenario: [book] appears in white font on black background, in the middle
of a paragraph, to "emulate" what appears on screen.

Tried remedies: create "mini graphics" in frames (well, it was an idea)
create character style of a white font, highlight in black (this is what
I am doing, but it is lost when the doc is opened in Word 98)

Using "Borders and Shading" affects the paragraph, rather than
character...

Any other ideas?
Thank you all, in advance. Please reply to me directly, and I will post a
summary to the list.

Julie Selman
Tegic Communications
*(206) 343-7001 ext. 118

jselman -at- tegic -dot- com
www.tegic.com
"Fast, easy, and intuitive text input for wireless communication."

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=