Q: Canadian looking to relocate to US

Subject: Q: Canadian looking to relocate to US
From: Erin Kampf <ekampf -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 15:27:33 -0800

Hello all,

I've been lurking around for a while now, and I'd now like to ask for
some advice.

I'm a Canadian citizen and I am interested in moving to the US for
personal reasons. I should be eligible for the TN-1 visa under NAFTA
and I understand the basic procedures associated with that.

I am wondering if there are any Canadian tech writers out there who
are working or have worked in the US and can offer any advice. I
checked the archives, but couldn't find much that was relevant.

I'd be particularly interested in how you found your positions in the
US (recruiter, online, etc.), how willing employers were to hire a
Canadian and help with your visa, whether or not you received
relocation assistance, how the tax situation works out (do you file in
Canada or US?), and anything else that you think might be
helpful/interesting.

As I am on digest, I would appreciate direct replies. I will post a
summary to the list when I have something to summarize.

Best regards,
Erin Kampf
ekampf -at- yahoo -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=