Re: Test, Test, Test Plans

Subject: Re: Test, Test, Test Plans
From: Angela Wiens <AWiens -at- PANGAEA -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 08:28:29 -0700

Marc,
Here are topics and sub-topics I used in a Master Test Plan.

Introduction
Purpose
Background
In Scope
Out of Scope
Test Requirements
Inputs
Test Technique and Tools
Tracking and Metrics
Traceability
Test Types
Business Function
User Interface
Configuration
Installation
Performance
Stress
Volume
Migration
Conversion
Regression
Test Strategy
System Test (for your case)
Description
Objectives
Test Points
Test Types
Data Volume
Entry Conditions
Exit Conditions
UAT
(same as System Test)
Responsibilities
(broken down by Role and Test Stage)
Deliverables
Detailed Test Plans (the testing scripts)
Requirements Validation Matrix
Test Logs
Defect Tracking Reports (we handled trouble tickets via Perfect Tracker
and had a separate procedures document for that)
Resources
(checklists and templates)

I hope this help. If you have any question, please send me an e-mail (see
address below).

Angela Wiens
Pangaea Systems Inc.
2200 Canada Trust Tower