Re: Peter Taylor's thread: "I'd visualize success"

Subject: Re: Peter Taylor's thread: "I'd visualize success"
From: Chris Johnson <cw_johnson -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 11:56:36 -0800

Well I guess what I would say is I would test the new functions myself.

But I would also find out what the interviewer's assumptions are. For
example, I would assume the writer has enough access to the
development environment to be able to test the functions. If not, then
I'd find someone to help me test them (maybe a QA person?)

Also, I would find out more about the deadline. Is it flexible? What
is more important, meeting the deadline or striving for completeness?
If I really can't test the functions myself or otherwise be dead sure
that I'm accurately documenting the new functions, I would make a
strong case for extending the deadline so documentation that is fully
representative of the product can be released.

I don't think there's really a right answer to a question like this.
The interviewer is more likely looking to see how you approach a
stressful situation. But only Peter can answer for sure.

Chris

Robert wrote:

Well Peter, I would like to know what you consider to be the CORRECT
answer.

Peter wrote:

"What would you do if it it was 3:00, you had a deadline at 3:30, and
you had just added some new functions to the reference section and you
couldn't verify their accuracy because the developer responsible had
gone home. What would you do within that half hour to ensure the the
document was accurate?"

The interviewee gave me a wry smile and casually responded, "well, being
a big believer in the power of positive thought, I'd visualize success."

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=