Re: controlling HTML page no. sequence

Subject: Re: controlling HTML page no. sequence
From: Kris Olberg <kjolberg -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 20:20:44 -0600

From: Lenore Weiss <Lenore_Weiss -at- WINK -dot- COM>

>Instead of those HTML-based page number (1 of 3) etc., we'd like
>to approximate real page numbers so that users can flip through the
>document.

HTML was never designed to do pagination. A couple of ideas:

- Your best "post processor" may be right under your nose. Import the HTML
into your favorite word processor that supports HTML and add page numbers.
Word will do this. I imagine most other up to date word processors will as
well.
- Print the pages and buy some LetraPress (is that what they're called?) and
manually number the pages.
- For the most economical and expedient solution, find someone with good
handwriting to pen them on the pages.

Suggest the latter. Focus on the content. Good luck.

Regards...Kris
kolberg -at- healtheon -dot- com
kris -at- olberg -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=