Re: controlling HTML page no. sequence

Subject: Re: controlling HTML page no. sequence
From: Lenore Weiss <Lenore_Weiss -at- WINK -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 09:11:13 -0800

Okay. There is a way to sequence web pages using a free utility from HP
(only works with HP printers).
It's called HP Web PrintSmart. You can download the post processor from
HP's web site. Very nifty.
Allows you to collect web pages and create them as a book complete with
table of contents.

---------------------- Forwarded by Lenore Weiss on 01/19/99 08:57 AM
---------------------------

Kris Olberg <kjolberg -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM> on 01/18/99 06:20:44 PM

Please respond to Kris Olberg <kjolberg -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>

To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
cc: (bcc: Lenore Weiss)

From: Lenore Weiss <Lenore_Weiss -at- WINK -dot- COM>

>Instead of those HTML-based page number (1 of 3) etc., we'd like
>to approximate real page numbers so that users can flip through the
>document.

HTML was never designed to do pagination. A couple of ideas:

- Your best "post processor" may be right under your nose. Import the HTML
into your favorite word processor that supports HTML and add page numbers.
Word will do this. I imagine most other up to date word processors will as
well.
- Print the pages and buy some LetraPress (is that what they're called?)
and
manually number the pages.
- For the most economical and expedient solution, find someone with good
handwriting to pen them on the pages.

Suggest the latter. Focus on the content. Good luck.

Regards...Kris
kolberg -at- healtheon -dot- com
kris -at- olberg -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=