Re: Captured Screen Sequences

Subject: Re: Captured Screen Sequences
From: David Demyan <dbdemyan -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 21:15:18 -0500

Geoffrey said:
>I need to produce training videos of short duration (15 seconds to 5
>minutes) to be stored on CD and viewed in a computer lab setting. The
videos
>will capture the required technique to accomplish some well defined task
>using various software titles (AutoCAD, Microstation, MSOffice, Windows
>95/NT, etc...). I want to capture the screen and record a voice track
>(preferably at the same time).
[snip]
I can't tell exactly what your needs are from your description, but
Techsmith
just released an upgrade to SnagIt that does this job.
SnagIt is a versatile screen capture that grabs single images, text, and
video. The video recorder is a very powerful
solution, letting you set all kinds of input and output parameters, such as
screen size or region, compression, and the like. An add on package called
DubIt allows you to add the voice track very easily, and you can do so
during
or after the capture.

I am affiliated with the vendor, since I did the help system for both SnagIt
and
DubIt. You can find both as free evaluations at:

www.techsmith.com

Let me know if this works for you,
Dave.

David B. Demyan dbd -at- mendem -dot- com
Mendem Concord, Inc. http://www.mendem.com
Warren, New Jersey 888-753-8500

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=