Re: Numbering problems with Word/RoboHELP

Subject: Re: Numbering problems with Word/RoboHELP
From: David schor <Davids -at- VCON -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 16:36:49 +0200

Hi Michael,

Don't use auto list numbering in Word 97. You'll pull your hair out. I
cannot tell you for sure how this works in Robohelp, but in general, this is
how I solved my numbering requirements in Word 97 docs:

I made two autotext items using the SEQ field code and it works like a
charm.
1st in list: SEQ step \r1
2nd, 3rd, etc. in list: SEQ step \n

Whenever you use the 1st autotext, the list resets to "1".

Everytime you insert the n autotext, it automatically stays in sequence. The
only exception is if you insert an item in the middle of an existing list.
You then have to update the subsequent list entries (Update Field).

I then added these two autotext entries to one of my toolbars. At the
beginning of a step, I simply click the appropriate autotext button. It
works perfectly.

If something is not clear, contact me.

Bye,
David

David Schor
Senior Technical Writer
VCON Ltd.
Tel: 09 959 0006
Int'l Tel: +972 9 959 0006
e-mail: davids -at- vcon -dot- co -dot- il
Visit us at http://www.vcon.com

"The IP Videoconferencing Company"

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=