Re: ANON: My replacement

Subject: Re: ANON: My replacement
From: John Posada <john -at- TDANDW -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 11:11:31 -0500

Dear Anon...

Being a contractor, I've changed situations several times. While it is noble
to be concerned about a situation that you are leaving, I don't worry about it
too much.

First, as much as we might like to think otherwise, the company will
survive...you aren't irreplaceable. You do your job well and they will do
theirs.

Second, the company will be much better positioned if you leave them prepared
for your replacement, whoever that may be. Instructions on where things are,
clean up the garbage files that you always have hanging around, cleanup any
directories, get things sorted out...you know, the things we're supposed to do
every day :-).

Third..you made a suggestion. They didn't like it. You tried. They accept the
consequences.

Fourth..Don't take this job personal, just professionally.

--
John Posada, Technical Writer
Bellcore, where Customer Satisfaction is our number one priority

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=