Re: ANON: My replacement

Subject: Re: ANON: My replacement
From: John Gilger <jgilger_it -at- NV -dot- DOE -dot- GOV>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 13:29:15 -0800

Peter,

The intent of this was NOT to threaten the boss.

When one receives a better offer to work somewhere else, isn't it fair
to point out the market value of your effort and give your boss a chance
to meet it? If you are in a job that you like everything about except
the pay, it seems to me that the boss ought to be given the chance to
re-evaluate the company's compensation policies. We all receive feelers
now and then from other employers in this business.

On the other hand, if the place is somewhere you are glad to escape
from, smile shake hands and promise to stay in touch. Leave everything
to do with that job in the past and look to the future.

John