Re: Powerpoint is overkill for manuals!

Subject: Re: Powerpoint is overkill for manuals!
From: Linda Castellani <linda -at- GRIC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 12:15:58 -0800

I'm fascinated by this. Could you please say more about how you use Access
for this?

And would you please define "media neutral"?

>I can't think of anything in the Office suite that is more suitable to
>modern manual production than Access. We use Access to do media neutral
>authoring and then do simultaneous delivery to PostScript, PDF, WinHelp, and
>HTML. Presentation in each media is appropriate to that media. The entire
>production process for all media takes about 4 hours.

==========================
Obligatory quote:

"Live for today. Work like you don't need money; love like you've never
been hurt; dance like nobody's watching."

--- Christine Comaford, Managing Director of Artemis Ventures,
upon receiving her award as one of the Top 25 Women of the Web

Linda Castellani
Technical Writer
GRIC Communications, Inc.
1421 McCarthy Blvd.