Which came "First"?

Subject: Which came "First"?
From: John Posada <john -at- TDANDW -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 10:44:39 -0500

Hi, guys...any opinions/facts/rules for the placement of the word
"first" in the following sentence?

"If you want to configure more than two XXXs when none exist, you must
first grow two XXXs, then grow the additional XXXs."

or

"If you want to configure more than two XXXs when none exist, you must
grow two XXXs first, then grow the additional XXXXs."

--
John Posada, Technical Writer
Bellcore, where Customer Satisfaction is our number one priority

them.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish,
and he will sit in a boat and smoke cigars all day."
"The only perfect document I ever created is still on my hard drive."

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=