Re: Employers Mistaken Job Requirements

Subject: Re: Employers Mistaken Job Requirements
From: Elizabeth Vollbach <bethvollbach -at- EARTHLINK -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 08:06:58 -0800

Seveny said:

"I believe things
might
be changing.

I recently received a phone call from a major company, looking for a
tech
writer for a long term contract. I won't name the company. We
discussed
some
of my background, etc. and at one point I asked "What particular tool
skills
are you looking for?", believing that most companies placed a lot of
importance
on tools. The response? Really doesn't matter what tools you know. We

are
interesting in your writing skills, and you can either learn the tools
we
currently use, or recommend different tools."

I found, through experience, that doesn't indicate things are changing,
unfortunately. It's just an indication about that particular person. In
my experience, if that person is a writer, that person knows this.
Problem is, so many people who hire tech writers aren't writers,
themselves. Beth

--
http://www.evansplumbing.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=