Re: Help with Help

Subject: Re: Help with Help
From: Mark Magennis <markmagennis -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 06:24:45 -0800

---Juley Torkomian <Juley -dot- Torkomian -at- MCMAIL -dot- VANDERBILT -dot- EDU> wrote:

> Can anyone suggest a site or some reading that might help? Any
> advice would be appreciated.

In my opinion, a text book is an excellent place to start. These two
are consistently highly rated by WinHelp developers:

Designing Windows 95 Help
Mary Deaton and Cheryl Lockett Zubak

Developing Online Help for Windows
Scott Boggan, David Farkas, & JoeWelinske

I have a copy of the Boggan et al. book. It's tremendous. Takes you
from the beginning. Deals with planning and design of content as well
as technical details. Very easy to read. I'm told the Deaton & Zubak
book is equally good.

Another useful resource is the Winhlp-l mail list. Just like Techwr-l
but for WinHelp. The address for subscribing is
WINHLP-L -at- ADMIN -dot- HUMBERC -dot- ON -dot- CA

Happy helping.

Mark

==

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=