Re[5]: HTML and CSS

Subject: Re[5]: HTML and CSS
From: Arlen P Walker <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 10:45:00 -0600

But, just to check, today I looked at various web browser usage
surveys and studies. They show that over 90 percent of people use
IE3/4/5 or Netscape 4/5, all of which support some parts of CSS.

"Some parts..." What a multitude of sins is covered by that phrase! It
wouldn't be so bad if they covered the *same* parts, and covered them in
the same way.

If you're going to use CSS, stop by http://www.zeldman.com/bad.html first
for some examples of what happens to perfectly good style tags when viewed
in another browser (or even in the same version of the browser but on
another platform). Here's a clue: none of the browsers works as
advertised.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224