Re: "Ripped" borders for screenshots?

Subject: Re: "Ripped" borders for screenshots?
From: Sybille Sterk <sybille -at- BOFFIN -dot- BEYOND2000 -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 08:54:12 +0000

How about cropping the screenshot generously and then fading out the
unnecessary bit? This wouldn't draw any unnecessary attention because it is
not spectacular enough and still would get the idea across.

I must admit, I have used the ripped borders, too. Though, rather than
using them because they were strictly necessary I used them more to wake up
the user. (Our manuals are pretty long with as much detail as you could
wish for. However, sometimes there's a lot of text there....)

Sybille

Sybille Sterk
Technical Author and Translator (German)
email: sybille -at- boffin -dot- beyond2000 -dot- co -dot- uk

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=