Re: Word 97 Not Keeping Graphic Size Format

Subject: Re: Word 97 Not Keeping Graphic Size Format
From: Mitchell Gibbs <gibbs -at- GNV -dot- FDT -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 11:33:34 -0500

Debbie,

I've encountered the same problem in Word 97. Here's my workaround.

1) Group the graphic with another object on the page. If you use Word's
drawing tools for callouts, simply select the bitmap and the drawn
graphics, then select Group from the Draw menu.

The bitmap "picture" becomes a graphic "object" and will not be resized
when you reopen the doc. If you later need to edit the picture, you can
ungroup the object. (Select the object, then Ungroup from the Draw menu.)

>I have resized, linked .BMP graphics in my word document. When I scroll
>through the document, Word often returns the graphics back to their original
>size.

Mitchell Gibbs
Technical Writer
Advantage Software, Inc.