Re: search for file contents?

Subject: Re: search for file contents?
From: Mitchell Gibbs <gibbs -at- GNV -dot- FDT -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 13:38:16 -0500

Becca,

My employer markets a product called SearchMaster that allows you to search
multiple files for text (text files only.) It's extremely easy to use. You
can download a trial version that works for thirty days at
http://www.eclipsecat.com/searchmaster/smbase.htm

Court reporters and proofers are our primary customers, but we'd like to
know if the program has any potential outside this market. I'd appreciate
feedback on the program, especially the online help.

At 11:11 AM 2/4/99 -0500, Becca Price wrote:
>I inherited a tech dox group (well, by the time I inherited
>it, it was down to
>one person -- now me) last July. We're using Ventura 4.2
>until I get the
>courage to switch to FrameMaker. For the most part, each
>manual is a
>custom effort for each individual machine.
>
>I'm trying to find where a certain little-used parameter
>might have been
>defined. Does anyone know whether it's possible to do a
>search on the
>contents of *.doc or *.txt files to locate a specific string
>of characters?
>If it is possible, how do I do it, please?

Mitchell Gibbs
Technical Writer
Advantage Software, Inc.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=