Help with Help (2)

Subject: Help with Help (2)
From: Juley Torkomian <Juley -dot- Torkomian -at- MCMAIL -dot- VANDERBILT -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 11:27:15 -0600

Miki is correct, I have had some great suggestions and a lot of really helpful
advice. I don't know if my situation is unique in that there is no big staff
here doing all of this. Vandy has never had a Technical Writer and as far as I
can tell there is no documentation on anything unless they had to hold formal
training for the application. I'm not even sure the manager knows what he wants.
This application was rolled out to 1 (yes that's one) user back in July. There
is nothing on paper, period. They don't want any paper. I've been learning the
application by helping the programmer test a new version and finding the bugs.
This new version will be released in March without Help. The third version will
be released after I complete the Help. There is no project manager, no
editor.... except me.
Now you see the reason I was feeling so lost. I am eternally grateful to all of
you for your help with this. You don't know what it means to me to have someone
to question and commiserate with.
I've ordered a couple of books but I do have to get started. I'm using some of
the advice you've given me to begin planning.
Thanks again,
Juley

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=