Intro

Subject: Intro
From: Jacque Foreman <foremangraphics -at- JUNO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 15:22:17 -0800

Hi all -

You all met me first as the person who boldly brought up "me/I?"

My name is Jacque. I am not a technical writer, but have been a free
lance graphic designer / typesetter since 1972. Grammar and words are
some of my passions.

I know both PageMaker & Quark, work in Word only when a client asks me
to, use Designer 3, Designer 4, Corel 4, Illustrator 7 and PhotoShop 2.5
(soon to be upgraded). I use Tex (pronounced tech) for technical
typesetting that contains equations. It was designed by a methematician
named Donald Knuth who was very unhappy about how traditional typesetting
made equations look. I work on a PC platform.

Some of my graphic specialties are pen & ink renderings of homes and
commercial buildings from photographs, 2- & 1-point perspectives from
architectural elevations, portraits from photographs (usually done in a
combination of pen & ink and pencil, and have also done pet portraits in
colored pencils. I also have done some packaging and exploded views. I
usually do exploded views in ink on what is called drafting linen. In the
past I have done a lot of "leroy" lettering and could do so again if
required.

I also do a lot of desktop publishing - usually consisting of brochures,
flyers, logos, newsletters and a lot of redesign and upgrading of same.

Most of you don't know me because I most often reply to people personally
rather than as an open letter.

In addition to my work, I am active in my community of Altadena CA having
served on the Chamber Board four years (one of them as president), and
joined our local Rotary because of its service to the community. I'm
active in a couple of networking organizations, etc. This year my bid to
be entirely responsible for the design, printing, ad sales, etc for the
Altadena Chamber directory has been accepted. This will be quite a
challenge. To help with sales, I will be opening up ad sales to the many
local community groups as a fund-raiser, giving the responsible
organization for obtaining the ad 20% of ad cost.

Because of my propensity to help people with their problems, an article
has been written about me and my work and can be found (I believe still)
at the following address:

http://www.folksonline.com/folks/hh/promote/promote.htm

Currently a writer friend and I have put together a small article
containing 20 tips on how to get paid entitled "It's Your Money. Why
isn't it in Your Pocket? It sells for $5. If interested, post me
privately.

Guess that's it about me. You'll be seeing my name from time to time.

Jacque - Graphic Designer / Typesetter - Making Your Business
Easier since 1972 - Pen & Ink Renderings of homes & Bldgs.
& portraits from photos, Brochures, Ads, Flyers, Packaging, Business
Forms, Manuscripts, etc. - email: foremangraphics -at- juno -dot- com
Rendering Samples: http://www.abacus-es.com/foreman

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=