technical writing efficiency

Subject: technical writing efficiency
From: "Rickard, Peg" <Peg -dot- Rickard -at- US -dot- DATEX-OHMEDA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 09:04:00 -0600

I've been given the task to quantify the efficiency of our technical writing
department. I'm not sure how to measure efficiency/productivity. I know
there are formulas for how long it would should take to develop one manual
page. I've read anywhere from 1 to 3 days for this task. There seems to be
so many variables like complexity of product, resources available,
helpfulness of resources, procedures, etc. Creating an index has just as
many variables. Can anyone point me in a direction?

Thanks.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=