Re: Java Help or Something Else?

Subject: Re: Java Help or Something Else?
From: "David M. Brown" <dmbrown -at- BROWN-INC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 09:48:11 -0800

Scott Miller wrote:

> A popular solution, until Java Help comes along, is to cobble together
> a very simple homegrown help system... You can hand-build your TOC
> and index, or use HTML Indexer...

This is exactly the situation in which we found ourselves nearly two
years ago, when our clients started asking us to help them move their
documentation to HTML. It's why we created HTML Indexer.

We wanted to make sure the finished index could be read by any browser,
even text-only and graphics-incapable ones. If you find a browser that
rejects (or even stumbles over) any portion of an index created with
HTML Indexer, please let us know.

At least one customer is using HTML Indexer to create an index for their
web site--even though it already has an HTML Help "index" tab--to
accommodate users who don't have (or want) ActiveX or Java.

You can read more about HTML Indexer at the URL below.

--David

David M. Brown - Brown Inc.
dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com

N O W A V A I L A B L E ! http://www.html-indexer.com/

Try HTML Indexer, the easiest way to create and maintain real
back-of-the-book indexes for web sites and other HTML documents.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=