Re: WinHelp Question (table borders)

Subject: Re: WinHelp Question (table borders)
From: "David M. Brown" <dmbrown -at- BROWN-INC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 12:38:33 -0800

Brierley, Sean wrote:

> The overwhelming consensus was that WinHelp neither supports table
> shading nor supports table ruling.
>
> Workarounds offered included drawing the table, capturing the table
> as a graphic, and a workaround that I will try from David Knopf
> (www.knopf.com), which involves inserting the table as an OLE object.

If you can live without shading, here a couple of ways to get borders:

* Define a paragraph style that includes borders, and apply that
style to the paragraphs in your table. You may have to adjust
column width and "space between" to get the right look.

* (For horizontal borders only) Define a paragraph style that
consists of only a border, and insert a row that contains a
paragraph of that style wherever you want a horizontal border.

The second method is easier, but neither is rocket science--they just
take a couple of practice runs.

--David

David M. Brown - Brown Inc.
dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com

N O W A V A I L A B L E ! http://www.html-indexer.com/

Try HTML Indexer, the easiest way to create and maintain real
back-of-the-book indexes for web sites and other HTML documents.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=