Re: Job ads in the Classifieds--the real truth

Subject: Re: Job ads in the Classifieds--the real truth
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 14:46:09 -0600

> Companies that are wondering if they are compensating their employees at
> the market rate place ads that ask for salary history. Then, the companies
> can determine if they are paying their employees too much, too little, and
> so on.

*If* this is true (and I'm sorry, Laurel, but I have my doubts), the
only logical response is to always pad your salary history by 50% or so.
Let's see if we can skew that market rate! ;-)

Tracy
Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Curriculum & Instructional Materials Center
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=