[no subject]

From: "Gehres, Mary Elizabeth (Betsy)** CTR **" <gehres -at- LUCENT -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 12:29:10 -0700

<< Which of the following is the "better" book?

What are the differences 'tween them?

Technical Editing: THe Practical Guide for Editors and Writers by Judith
Tarutz

Technical Editing by Carolyn Rude>>

Both do a good job of laying out the stages of the editing process. To me,
Judy Tarutz's book seems to focus more on the *job* of technical editing in
an organization, while Carolyn Rude's book focuses more the art of editing
itself. Rude's book also has a better page design. (I hate the design
Tarutz's book.) Both books are informative, but when it comes to answering
my own editing questions, I get usually more out Rude's book.

Betsy Gehres
gehres -at- lucent -dot- com
(303) 290-3495

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=