Re: Cdn looking to relocate to US (Mexican angle)

Subject: Re: Cdn looking to relocate to US (Mexican angle)
From: "Riikonen, Kathy" <kriikonen -at- TPMCSCITUATE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 13:38:44 -0500

Erin Kampf wrote:
>In case anyone on the list is interested, for the most part, the info
>about the work visa _should_ apply to Mexicans as well as Canadians. I
>think there are some small differences, but the procedures are fairly
>close whether you're coming from the South or the North.

Actually, the NAFTA visa for Mexican citizens doesn't follow the same
procedures as its Canadian counterpart. In principle, the visa is the
same in that it is a non-immigrant temporary work visa and utilizes the
same list of allowable professions and qualifications.

A Mexican national wishing to work in the US under NAFTA must have a
formal petition filed by a US employer on his/her behalf with the INS. A
labor condition application (Form ETA 9035) must also be filed and
approved by the U.S. Department of Labor before filing an INS
application for a TN visa. The application is called a TN-2 petition and
Canadian nationals are not required by the INS to follow this procedure
(they are allowed in under a TN-1 visa).

Please note that the above is for information only. It would be best to
contact an immigration attorney versed in US/Mexican immigration laws
for assistance in filing a TN-2.

Kathy Riikonen
Technical Writer/Editor
Technology Planning & Management Corporation
kriikonen -at- tpmc -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

Previous by Author: Re: Favorite computer dictionary?
Next by Author: Travel Time & Charges Answers
Previous by Thread: Re: Cdn looking to relocate to US (Mexican angle)
Next by Thread: Requirements Spec Template

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads

Sponsored Ads