Re: a beginner's html-editor?

Subject: Re: a beginner's html-editor?
From: AlQuin <cbon -at- WXS -dot- NL>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 11:39:33 +0100

On 08-02-1999 18:26 Gerry Bourguignon wrote:

>you could create perfectly good SGML in a text editor. However, when they
>put together a fairly complex table with the editor and then viewed the
>'code', they were usually quite glad that they weren't 'forced' to use a
>text editor!
>
>I think that a combination of wysiwyg editors and text editors should be
>used to teach HTML editing (or any other markup language for that matter),
>and that creating a simple 'tagged' document in Notepad, for example, is a
>useful exercise.

This is exactly the scheme I follow in my course: starting with Notepad
or the like to teach the basics, but using a GUI editor to compose more
complex documents concluded by viewing and explaining the resulting code.

And the guys do make charming pages now.

Regards,
Kees de Bondt

* Write different
* take your Macintosh