Re: No users!

Subject: Re: No users!
From: John Posada <john -at- TDANDW -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 12:17:23 -0500

Bev:

We don't name my documents based on the target...we base the name on the
purpose.

Following is a sample of the names of some of our documents:

System Acceptance Test Manual
System Trouble Locating Manual
Workstation Software Installation and Retrofit Guide
Hardware Growth Procedures Manual

By naming based on function, we avoid the problem of what audience to
target. We don't care whether they are users, clients, customers,
developers, etc. If they need the document based on what they need to
do, that's all we need to know.

--
John Posada, Technical Writer
Bellcore, where Customer Satisfaction is our number one priority

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=