Re: Apology - Newton's Telecom Dictionary - where to find it

Subject: Re: Apology - Newton's Telecom Dictionary - where to find it
From: Linda Sherman <linsherm -at- GTE -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 12:11:56 -0500

> At 09:48 AM 2/9/99 -0500, Peacock, Nancy wrote:
> >Hi,
> >tried accessing telecombook.com with no success. Are you able to?
> >thanks,

The correct address (one of many) is

http://www.telecomlibrary.com

which, despite the name, doesn't go directly to the bookstore page,
which is located at:

http://www.ctstore.mfi.com/

Newton's Telecom Dictionary is a useful reference, but beware that it is
not without its flaws. Some of Harry's explanations are less than
precise, which I attribute more to careless and rapid writing than to
incorrect information. For example, he implies that ARU and IVR are
synonymous, which they are not--ARU refers to a device and IVR to an
application or technology (ARU is synonymous with VRU).

Despite these little bugs, however, it's well worth the thirty bucks.

Lin
--
Linda K. Sherman <linsherm -at- gte -dot- net>
Computer programming, technical writing, web development

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=